tirsdag den 7. april 2009

A local webpage in USA has written out a funny contest about storytelling in honor of The World Storytelling Day.

At their page there is a beautiful picture of a sunset somewhere in a land of palmtrees.
That made me think of a wonderful experience I had, when I was quite young.

I was 18 years old and I was travelling cross country in the States by Greyhound buses along with another Danish girl. It was in July.
Earlier that year we had met some nice guys from Tucson, Arizona, and they had told us to come and visit.
So when we arrived in Tucson, we went to the nearest phone box and called them. Luckily they were at home, so they came to pick us up. - Their house was full of youngsters who wanted to meet these two, strange Danish girls, so there was an occasion for a nice party.
We celebrated the meeting by drinking Tequila sunrises, and I learned, that it doesn't take a lot of Tequila for my legs to turn into jelly.

We had fun all evening, dancing to the latest record with Buddy Miles, and we liked being there so much, that we decided to stay for a couple of days more than planned.

The following day, the guys showed us how to fry eggs at the pavement!
And in the evening we sat at the roof watching the sun set over the desert. Truly romantic and I really fell in love with Arizona in those days!

See the picture that opened my memory for that story:

http://www.travelinlocal.com/world-storytelling-day-a-contest-and-your-neighbors/#comment-750

Ingen kommentarer: